Adult Training Workshops
To start teaching your children the KART program you will first need to attend a workshop, where you will be taken through the methodology underpinning the program. It is important to understand how children learn, how they “see” the world around them, and how to guide them using instructions they understand.
It’s not just dry theory though – these workshops are hands-on, and you will get to experience the program like a 4 year old (everyone has to be toilet trained, though!) Do the same exercises and worksheets as the kids – it’s lots of fun, and you get to test it out before you give it to them. Many have found it therapeutic for themselves, and have said that the day just wasn’t long enough.
The workshop runs over two 6 hour sessions, with the following agenda:
Workshop Day 1
- We will be showing you how to guide the children to create art by using different methods, all related to observation.
- Exercises for muscles in the hands.
- All shapes are made from lines. We look at the best way to learn about lines.
- Line exercises and worksheets.
- All about shapes.
- Shape exercises and worksheets.
- Analyse pictures, discussing shapes, colours and other details.
- Basic shapes and colour exercises involving understanding primary, secondary and tertiary colours.
- Draw and paint a picture from an illustration.
- Water Colour Painting.
- Charcoal Drawing.
Workshop Day 2 (Optional)
- Refresher on basic principles (if not on consecutive days)
- Making non-cooked playdough
- Modeling with playdough and plasticine
- Creating a relief work
- Working with clay – making a pig money-box
- Other art and craft ideas
Workshops can be run at your school or a hired facility, including in-service days. We also have a studio in Melbourne, and host special weekend workshops at Nambucca Heads in N.S.W. If we are coming to you, workshops have a minimum of 10 participants, and maximum of 20.
Prices are $110 per person, per day, with a 10% discount for school groups. Morning tea is included.